Pictured after the
Re-opening and Dedication of gifts at Carlisle Road Presbyterian
Church on Sunday 28th March 1993 are (from left to right) Mrs
Georgina Kelly, Mr David Burke (Secretary), Rev Dr David Lapsley
(Minister of Fisherwick) and Mrs Margaret Lapsley, Rev Richard C
Graham (Minister of the Church) and Mrs Marie Graham, Mr Richard R
Harpur (Seated), Clerk of Session.
The Church was being re-opened after extensive internal renovations (about £50,000) which included re-wiring, new lighting installation (the bequest of Sarah Rooks), external flood-lighting, re-decoration and new pew cushioning (the gift of Mrs Georgina Kelly in memory of her late husband James who was a member of the Congregational Committee).
The Rev David Lapsley was the guest preacher at the Morning Service on this special occasion, as he was a son of the Congregation, his father having been for many years Honorary Secretary and Sabbath School Superintendent.
The Church Choir (with Mr William Loughlin as guest Soloist) lead the Evening Praise Service which had the theme "Towards the Cross"
This was a most memorable day in the life of the Congregation, with large attendances at both Services. The Congregation was founded in 1838 and the present Church Building was constructed 114 years ago. It is now considered to be one of the finest examples of this period found in the North-West.